Monday, June 9, 2014

Walk the Hills





On Saturday, I was invited to Larkspur for a spur of the moment hike with a few friends.  One of my good friends had been staying in this super rustic and beautiful mountain-side house all week dog-sitting, and he'd discovered a few trails he wanted to take us on.  My friends brought food, water, sweatshirts and baseball caps.  I brought my camera.


It's absolutely beautiful up there.  I must admit that I'm not entirely sure where we were (I believe it was Mount Tamalpais?) but it was a different hike than I've ever experienced.  It was difficult, yet at the end I just felt so incredibly light and inspired that I wasn't entirely ready to leave when we decided it was time to turn back.  I'd really like to invest in some good hiking boots and go back some day.


2 comments:

  1. I lived in San Anselmo when I worked in Marin. I'm so glad that you discovered Marin! I always joked that my City friends wouldn't "cross a bridge" and they were missing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos! It's so important to have the proper attire, like hiking boots, if you are partaking in a serious hike. I learned the hard way that a long hike is not feasible in tennis shoes. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!