Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Feature: Spotify


Okay, so I definitely know that I am late to the party on this one.  As in, this became-a-thing-in-2011 late to the party.  But I'm going to feature it anyways because this is such a fantastic service for music lovers!

Basically, Spotify is both an online music player and an app in which you can listen to practically anything you could ever want.  You can create your own playlists and listen to online radio curated for your specific tastes. One of the reasons I didn't partake in this music platform for so long is that I didn't understand how this was anything other than a mashup of Pandora and 8tracks.  However, there are a couple of things that make Spotify unique:

1) Yes, you can follow friends to keep up with their listening habits, but you can also follow celebrities and Internet personalities as well.  You know, in case you want to add another dimension to your stalking habits.

2) You can listen to full albums!  Rather than forcing you to listen to bands similar to the one you actually want to listen to (like Pandora does), Spotify provides a discography section on each artists page, and you can listen to them like you would an album on your iPod/Phone.  As someone who likes to fully immerse myself in one band at a time, I really, really love this feature.

Needless to say, if you haven't already tried Spotify, I highly recommend that you do so.  Both the players for computer and mobile work well and are super easy to navigate, and you can sign up with your Facebook account.  Honestly, with this discover, I think my Pandora will become very, very neglected.

*I should mention that I am in no way being paid or sponsored by Spotify to promote their services.  I only ever share things I genuinely love and have discovered myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!