Sunday, August 25, 2013

El Rancho Grande


I have always believed that - Mission District or not - the only way to get really good Mexican food in San Francisco was to hold out until my next trip home.  But today I have the pleasure of announcing that I have found a restaurant that not only has amazing tacos, but is also perfect for the college budget!

Yesterday, after shopping all day with my good friend Christine, I suggested that we simply grab something to eat on the way home as neither one of us felt like cooking.  She directed us to this little taqueria, El Rancho Grande.  Located on Divisadero right on McAllister, it's a little hole-in-the-wall with bright paint, friendly staff, and a constant stream of South-American soccer.  It is a clear favorite of many, as just after we ordered the restaurant filled up with patrons of all ages.  I ordered just their Regular Taco with carne asada filling (pictured above) and was happy to find it completely delicious.  The portion is also large enough that if that's all that you want, that's all that you need.  But next time I think I might explore the menu a bit.  I have it on good authority that their Super Taco is killer...

All in all, probably not the best Mexican food I've ever had, but definitely the best since coming to the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!