Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Trying That Tandoori Chicken

So, remember back when I first started blogging and I was having a very hard time eating both in new situations and new food in general?

Well, I think it is safe to say that those days are finally behind me.


This past weekend, my family got together with a friend's family for dinner at Royal Khyber Fine Indian Cuisine.  Now, I had never had real Indian food up until this point and was actually quite nervous about how the meal would go.  All I could think of was horror stories told by friends who experienced some, shall we say, digestive discomfort during their first foray into such "exotic" food.  What?  I didn't say all my neurosis were cured!

I am happy to report that the food could not have been better!  The servers were friendly and willing to explain dishes and ingredients and the restaurant smelled simply amazing.  I ended up ordering the Tandoori Chicken (picture above) and a side of Basmati rice.  It becomes abundantly obvious that I am no food critic because I have absolutely no words to describe how delicious this dish was.  The meat was so tender, slid right off the bone, and had a slight smoky taste.  Just thinking about it makes me want to go back again!

To recap, yes, I did just write an entire post about Tandoori Chicken.  But at least I'm getting back to posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!