Friday, February 22, 2013

Neighborhood Favorite



Even as I'm writing this post, I cannot believe that I haven't posted about Mel's before!  I went last night with one of the directors of my academic program and a couple of friends, and it was only then that I realized that this is a post that needs to happen.
If you've never heard about it before, Mel's Drive-In is basically your classic diner.  It's a California-based restaurant chain, with locations in both the Northern and Southern regions of the state.  What I love about it is that it has great basic, classic diner food like breakfast until lunch, hamburgers, onion rings, etc.  I personally love Mel's for any meal; it's a favorite of mine for breakfast/brunch dates, a quick lunch, or dinner with friends.

As for food quality, it's pretty darn good.  The burgers aren't gourmet or anything, and I don't think I'll ever call it my favorite burger.  (For those of you from SoCal, you will probably understand when I say that Islands burgers have ruined me for all other burger joints!)  That being said, they're still delicious and you really can never go wrong with the Famous Melburger, which is what I got last night.  I wish I had snapped a quick picture for you guys, but I was so excited that I just dug right in!  They have good steak fries, decent onion rings, and you just really have to love their huge selection of items.  I have never had a bad experience with their wait-staff, who are all super friendly and helpful.


Oh, and their dessert's pretty good too!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!