Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Goals for the New Year


Yes, this post is a couple of days late to ring in the new year, but I've tried to really think about this. A new year is a chance to start over and push yourself to better and happier. So here is what I've come up with for 2013:

1. Read More. I've noticed that I keep seeing or hearing about books, and saying "Oh, I better add that to my list!" So this year, I'm going to actually read everything on that list! On Goodreads, I've challenged myself to read 75 books this year. We'll just have to see how close I get!

2. Write More. I am finally beginning to realize that writing is not the easy creative process that I'd like it to be. It's something that needs to be worked on, so my goal is to write a little every single day!

3. Exercise More. Whether its walking or running, just getting outside and getting moving is both healthy and a serious stress reliever. My goal is to get out there three times a week!

4. Simplify. I spent the last week or so going through everything I own and getting rid of a lot of things. This next year I plan on cutting back on things that I really don't need.

5. Look Forward. This means getting ready for life after graduation, which isn't as far away as I like to pretend. Updating my résumé, applying for internships, and studying for the LSAT are in my immediate future!

Happy 2013, everyone!  What were your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!