Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Miss Bennet!


Hello, all!  I greatly apologize for my lack of posting the past couple of weeks, but I am now back in the city for the Spring semester!  Classes started last week, so I've been doing a lot of unpacking, book-buying, and general running around trying to get ready for all of my classes.  I already have some new room decorations and projects going that I can't wait to share with you all, but I need time to sit down and write them up, which I will hopefully have soon as I settle into a more normal schedule.

Anyways, I thought that, as an avid fan of Jane Austen, I needed to do a little celebratory post for the her most beloved novel.  That's right, this week Pride and Prejudice is turning 200 years old!  It's simply amazing to me that, even after so much time, a novel based simply around the social constructs of Regency England continues to capture the hearts of readers everywhere.  Isn't that why we read literature like this?

So, happy birthday, Miss Bennet!  If you're a fan of the novel, I'd highly suggest checking out this comical (in more ways than one) summary!


*Movie Still taken from Pride and Prejudice 2005 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!