Friday, November 2, 2012

Fun Finds: Literary Love

It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I can't tell you how glad I am to be able to just relax a little this afternoon.  Which of course means that I'm doing a little online "window shopping."  I wasn't looking for items of a certain theme, and yet all of these items are distinctly literary.  I guess that means I'm studying the right subject!


1. Make Your Own USB Typewriter (Etsy) - I saw a short feature on this USB Typewriter, and immediately fell in love.  I have wanted a typewriter for as long as I can remember, but have never had cause to get one as they become more and more obsolete.  But this is pure brilliance, as it can be used with any computer or iPad.  Talk about up-cycling!

2. The Remains of the Day (Amazon) - Kazuo Ishiguro is one of my favorite authors, mainly because of the amazing lyrical quality of his writing.  I've read Never Let Me Go about four different times, and have had this next novel recommended to me on multiple occasions. Maybe, as my school work starts to wind down, I'll find time to actually fit it in!


3. A Writer's Ink (Threadless) - I used to submit t-shirt designs to Threadless, but I only learned that they also sell prints of their artist's work recently.  I love this piece because, well, what writer doesn't feel like their ink and writing brings something alive?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!