Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sheepish Yarn Bombing Day


Happy Saturday, everyone!  It's been a very yarn filled weekend so far.  Yesterday I took a trip to the yarn shop to start making a present, and today I went yarn bombing.  For those of you who have never heard of yarn bombing, it's essentially yarn graffiti.  Some people get really, really into it and create amazing pieces of art.  Don't believe me? Try Googling it!


Anyways, last week Meredith from the blog One Sheepish Girl declared today Sheepish Yarn Bombing Day.  As a fellow shy young woman, she's really been an inspiration for me and I have always enjoyed reading her blog, so I decided to get in on the action.  I yarn bombed the park up the street on their basketball court.  I have to admit, it was really exhilarating and I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be.  Quite a few people walked past me curiously, but only one little kid had the guts to come up and say, "Hey, that's a basketball hoop!"

Why, yes it is.  And now it's more colorful than ever.


Overall, I'd count this yarn bombing experiment as a success, and I cannot wait to do it again.  Maybe sometime soon I'll get up the guts to do it in a more public place, or in a bigger piece.  I can't wait to see what everyone else did.  Thanks for the challenge, Meredith!

Update: I'm happy to announce that Meredith posted a collection of all the yarn bombs from Saturday.  My pictures are featured, and I strongly suggest that you check it out!  Some people got very creative.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! Love it!! Can't wait to see where you do your next yarn bombing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!