Saturday, June 30, 2012

Book Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay
Suzanne Collins
390 pages

I have been putting off this review for a while.  To be honest, I don't really know why.  I just can't really figure out a way to describe why I feel like this book is the key to understanding the majority of this captivating trilogy.

The character interactions in this book are phenomenal.  Collins does an amazing job of portraying Katniss' relationships realistically; they are not overly simplified, but as complicated and confusing as actual relationships.  For those of you who are fans of the love triangle, Peeta is virtually nonexistent for most of the novel, and there are plenty of Gale moments.  And Katniss continues to grow, fighting to balance her sense of self, friendship, and family, with the duty she feels that she has to the rest of Panem.

That's really all I have to say.  This is a revealing book, and if you don't appreciate Catching Fire more after reading Mockingjay, then you probably didn't pay enough attention.  This is a beautifully writing, addicting conclusion to one of the best young adult series I have read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!