Monday, May 28, 2012

Back in the Sand

When I first started this blog, I was a scared 17-year-old who did not know what to expect going into her very first year of college.  Today, I'm a more confident, more knowledgable, and more inspired twenty-year-old who is halfway done with college.

Isn't that terrifying?  Only two more years before I will be tossed out into the real world, and it will take all of my skill to survive.  Okay, well, that might have been a touch dramatic.  Can you tell I'm a fiction writer?

I finished finals on May 17th, and after catching a weekend baseball game with my family in San Francisco, my dad and I made the long drive home.  I have to admit, I didn't realize how much I've missed Southern California until I got back.  The weather has been glorious, my local friends happy to see me, and my dogs just as cuddly as I remembered.  And even if I have no definite plans for summer aside from finally, finally getting my driver's license, I'm loving being back.

Relaxing on Laguna Beach after lunch

A few friends from high school and I decided to celebrate my return to a trip to Laguna Beach for lunch and a little chat on the sand.  If any of you happen to be looking for a quick and easy lunch while in the area, you should check out Coffee Pub.  The service is great and the food even better!

Walking on Crystal Cove Beach.  No one else was there!

Beach bouldering?

Hopefully there will be a lot more beach trips this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!