Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Train Ride


Hello, friends.  I cannot believe that it has been so long since I last wrote.  It's actually kind of funny, because when I originally decided to do that 30 Day Drawing Challenge, I thought it would be a good way to revitalize this blog and get me back in the swing of posting regularly.

What I didn't expect was that I would completely use up all of my creative juices for nearly a month.

But now I am back with a fun story of my weekend.  On Saturday, Justine and I braved the rain and wind and took a trip south to Stanford.  I needed to visit the Cantor Arts Center to write a report about their Rodin collection.  I knew that I was going to see some amazing art...




But what I didn't expect was that the journey would be the best part!  This was my first trip on CalTrain, and I was amazed at how easy it was.  Justine and I decided to sit on the upper level, and I can only describe the entire trip as filled with lively music in my headphones and beautiful scenery outside.  Palo Alto itself is a beautiful city, and as Justine had lived there recently, she showed me around.  It was an amazing adventure of a day, filled with sculpture, palm trees, gelato, playgrounds, and wind!



Can't you feel the wind?  In other news, I have finally managed to break my countless-month-long writer's block, and am currently in the process of crafting a young adult novel, partly inspired by the amazing Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  That woman is a genius.  Look for a combined book and movie review soon.

Thanks for sticking with me everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!