Saturday, January 28, 2012

Of Baguettes and Art

For my first weekend back, it has been fairly relaxing so far.  Justine and I have early classes on Friday, and after we decided to go out for our first lunch back in the city.  We went to this little restaurant called Food Inc. Trattoria.  


Now, I've personally heard mixed reviews about this place.  My roommate Christine, our resident foodie, was not really impressed with their dinner.  I personally thought they had good food, but I went for lunch, so take away from this what you will.  Maybe it's more of a lunch place.

I got their Italian Panini, with mozarella, tomato, basil, olive oil and vinegar. It was amazing!

Justine got their pear and brie sandwich, which she loved and absolutely devoured.

All in all, it was a good meal.  We were in the neighborhood to visit a cute little yarn shop called Atelier Yarns.  I'm getting back into knitting, as I discovered over break that it was a good replacement for chewing my nails while watching TV.  Hopefully I will get enough of my scarf done to post pictures of soon!


And in keeping with my New Year's resolution to finish projects before starting new ones, I did a new large drawing last night.  It's a little bit different than anything I've ever done, inspired by some of the mythological pictures I'm studying in my Impressionism class.  I like it a lot, although I'm not sure how I feel about subjects like this for future work.

Happy Weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!