Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blink, And It's Over


I cannot believe that this year has gone by so quickly! And yet here we are, in my final days of freshman year. I guess you could say that, because I am done with work and finals, my year is already over. But I don't know if I'm ready to let it go yet.

When I originally started this blog, I said that I wanted to chronicle my adventures and musings. What I didn't plan on capturing was how much I would change this year. If you go back to my earliest posts, you can see that I was an entirely different person, timid, quick to judgment, and generally unsure about my place in the world. While I think it would be a little much to say that I have my entire life figured out, I do feel good about pointing out how much I've changed. If there is one thing I've learned in my first year of college, it's that you need to go with the flow. Even the best laid plans can fall through, as I've discovered on multiple occasions this year, and when they do you have to be able to laugh it off and go with it. But at the same time, you can't get completely swept away; you need to take responsibility for your own life. Maybe this is what being an adult is all about: taking charge of your life when possible, and recognizing when you have to just let everything go.

The next few days will be a whirlwind of laundry, packing, and taking down my wall of color. Although I didn't quite cover the entire wall, I got pretty darn close to it. I can't wait until next year to start my next collection in my new room! Thankfully, my grandparents are letting me store some stuff at their house over the summer, so my dad and I will be driving home with a significantly lightened load. We're staying for the Giants vs. Athletics game this Friday, and should be on our way home Saturday morning.

I fully intend to continue posting throughout the summer, despite the fact that the adventures will be taking place in a Southern California beach town rather than the big city of San Francisco. I am actually terribly behind on posting pictures of things like my trip to the Mission District, Chinatown, Rio Vista, and my first every Bay to Breakers, so I will have plenty to talk to you all about. Keep checking back for the forgotten adventures of freshman year!

Thank you all for coming on this journey of my first year at college with me. It's been quite the experience, hasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!