Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Distracted Musings


I really should be doing homework right now (I have tons of reading to do!), but I just can't concentrate. And I'm not trying to procrastinate, for once. I have my book all set, sitting beside me right now, but every time I open it my mind just starts to wander.

This distraction problem has gotten worse lately, particularly since I have been using the Internet more frequently. It doesn't matter what if I am listening to music, using Twitter, Facebook... the Internet is simply very distracting!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those people who feels that the distraction needs to be eliminated and that we should all go back to the days of snail mail and other low-tech forms of communication. I see endless possibilities for the future, and I fully believe that the Internet will allow us to do things that have never been done before. We can talk with someone around the world instantly, share words, photos, and memories with the click of a mouse. What about that does not just ring with hope and promise?

Until then, we just have to learn to live with the distraction, busy college students in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!