Monday, December 13, 2010

The Final Haul



Well, I've certainly gotten terrible at updating, haven't I? I didn't even get to do a Thanksgiving post! And here we are, in the last few days of my first semester here in San Francisco. I'm lucky enough to only have one final, so I have been able to do a bit of exploring with my friends. On Friday, for example, we took a trip to Union Square to see the Christmas decorations.



They had up a Christmas tree and a little ice rink. We got hot drinks and watched people skate before going over to Macy's to ogle at the live kittens and puppies that they were displaying in the window. There were so many people rushing from store to store, so many lights, and so many billboards displaying present options.


Justine was successful in finding a present for her aunt: this naval nutcracker!


And our friend Cassie, who is a serious cook, was delighted when we found this gigantic gingerbread house. All in all, it was a successful trip.

Although classes ended last Wednesday, I have been very busy trying to find time to go out and explore the city while also completing all of my required essays. People have been slowly trickling out of the dorm, and the floor is beginning to feel more and more deserted every day. I am now so used to having people around me constantly that it is difficult for me to comprehend that I will not be seeing them for six whole weeks! I have a physics final on Wednesday, and less than an hour later I will be on my way to the airport. With any luck, I will write the next update from the comfort of my own living room, while enjoying a steady internet connection.

But first thing's first: have to conquer my final!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!