Saturday, September 4, 2010

Weekend Relaxation

Hello everyone! Hopefully you are all enjoying your long Labor Day weekend. I know I am. I decided to spend the majority of the weekend at my grandparent's house, and I have not regretted my decision once. When I arrived, we had an amazing dinner of meatballs and angel hair pasta, and I immediately felt like I was back at home.


My grandparents have a number of different rooms for people to stay in. There's one dubbed the "Princess Room" for it's pink bedding and Disney princess decor. There's the attic, where my brother and I usually sleep when my family comes to San Francisco to visit. There are desks and beds up there, as well as a collection of drawings and models from when my dad and his brothers used to sleep there. And then there's the "Big Room." It really is just that; it's the one of the biggest bedrooms in the house and has an attached sun room. This was where my grandparents decided to set me up, and I'm loving every minute of it.


After staying in a dorm room for a few weeks, this room feels like a small apartment. It's large enough to spread out in, yet cosy enough to feel like home. And the bed happens to be the most comfortable thing I've slept on in a while!

The only weird thing that's happened this weekend is the large amount of flies here at the house. I've been doing a lot of laundry in the garage, which is where we first discovered the flies. They must have nested and mated down there, because when I arrived here on Friday, there was a whole swarm of them clinging to the garage door. They have since migrated into the house.



So this morning, when we were out doing a little shopping, we stopped by Ace Hardware and picked up a fly swatter. Between my cousins and I, we've managed to thin the fly population significantly. But back to Ace Hardware. From the outside, it looks like a tiny little store. And it really is, only they've crammed stuff in everywhere possible, and created this master piece:


I definitely wouldn't want to be there during an earthquake, but it really was quite a site to behold. It just kept going further and further back, and they actually had stuff mounted on the walls and ceiling. What can I say? I'm a fairly easy person to amuse.

I now think I will go enjoy my comfortable bed. Wishing you all a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!