Sunday, September 19, 2010

Take me out to the Ball Game...

Good morning world! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I know I am, with the exception of the stupid school washing machines.

I was doing a jean load, when the washer stopped in the middle of the cycle for some unknown reason. And I mean dead in the middle of the cycle: there was still soapy water inside! Frustrated after doing as it asked and "reselecting settings" twice, I put my jeans in another washer and am having to start all over again! Needless to say, it was a complete waste of my time and money. And what was the response of the guy working at the front desk when I told him? "You want your money back, or something?"

Um, no, but the last hour of my life would be nice.

On a brighter note, I got to go the Giants vs Brewers game last night! Even though we lost, my friends and I had a great time. We had the bleacher seats right in left field, which was pretty exciting for only having paid $15. We took a charter bus to the stadium with a large group from school, and although we all sat in a clump, we got to go off and do our own thing.


Although it's been cloudy all weekend (and still is) the sun did come out for the beginning of the game yesterday. I hadn't been to a game in almost five years, so I couldn't help but marvel at how amazing the stadium is.





I've been raised a Giants fan, so I was super excited to get to go to a game. Can you tell? I wore my Giants t-shirt, a bright orange scarf, and a Giants beanie I got for my birthday. One of the first things that my friends did when we got there was to buy baseball caps. This was Wade's hat, and even though it's a bit big, I think I pulled it off quite well. What was the first thing I bought? A hotdog! The second? A pack of Twizzlers! We ate pretty much the whole time.

In the end, the Giants ended up losing 2 to 1. To be completely honest, the last two innings were very painful to watch. But I had a great time, and couldn't have thought of a better way to celebrate my first birthday here in San Francisco!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!