Friday, September 17, 2010

Nighttime Happenings

Hello all. Please excuse the lateness of this post, but there are currently multiple people in my room watching YouTube videos, and I am waiting for them to leave so I can go to bed.

Anyways, tonight there was a "Bazar" to raise awareness for the flood victims in Pakistan. I went with some of my friends, and we got to learn some Arabic calligraphy. I wrote my name, but it not good enough to show here. There were also pretty good henna artists, so I got one on my wrist. Here it is:


The girl was really talented. I basically sat down, she asked me what I wanted, and I told her something with a vine. This is what she came up with! It's pretty light right now, but in a few days it will be pretty dark. Maybe I'll take pictures to show the progression. Don't you love henna? It's the joy of having a tattoo, without having to live with it when you get old and wrinkly!

There was Middle Eastern food there as well. Best part, though? After a short presentation about helping to end illiteracy in Pakistan, there was a dance group that performed. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't turn out too good.

Well, with that note, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!