Sunday, September 5, 2010

Let the Sun Shine!

After the cold and fog of yesterday, we were lucky enough to get sunshine today, and lots of it! Most of the family was over today for my grandpa's birthday dinner, and we got to spend most of the day outside. My grandparents have a nice yard with a big deck, where we ate a light lunch and held ping-pong competitions. I did,have some homework to do, but at least I got to do it while curled up in the sun!


Of course, I just had to get sunburned on one shoulder... But it was definitely worth it!

Before dinner, large group of us decided that we wanted to take a little walk. There's a nice park a few blocks over...





It's a beautiful park with lots of open space and beautiful trees. Some of my cousins decided to try to build forts out of some fallen branches. All I can think about when I look at these pictures are wood sprites!




I myself am not much of a tree climber. This log was about as high off of the ground as I got!


So, while my uncles were playing football and my younger cousins were off being monkeys in the trees, I decided to take a short walk to the lake. I have to admit that I was shocked at how high the water level was! I'd seen it high before, say, up to the stairs, but never covering the entire walkway! And boy, did the water smell.


I am now back on campus and in my dorm room. My roommate also went home for the weekend, but apparently quite a lot happened while I was gone. All of these things included copious amounts of alcohol, vomiting, and sleeping in random people's beds. Needless to say, I am glad I decided to get off campus when I did. Not that I would have joined in, of course. I just don't like having things like that go on right outside my door.

I enjoy more clean fun, like hanging out with family and going to the park. Hopefully you all are enjoying your weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here. I would love to hear from you!